Building Permit Information
In order to obtain a building permit, one must complete a Building Permit Application in addition to paying any Building Permit Fees (PDF). The current adopted building codes are: 2018 International Codes, 2017 NEC.
- Residential applications: we require one (1) electronic or physical set of construction plans and a site plan (if applicable).
- Commercial applications: we require one (1) electronic set and two (2) physical sets of construction plans and a site plan (if applicable).
For all new residential single family or duplex construction a Plot Plan is required.
For all applicable building permit applications, the following information must be included with the construction plans:
- Footing and foundation design including width, depth and location of frost footing.
- Location and size of all internal piers.
- Material used for foundation wall and maximum depth of unbalanced fill around foundation.
- For wood framed floors, live loads being supported, size and type of joists (sawn or engineered) span and spacing of joists, minimum required grade of joists.
- Span, material and size of all beams.
- Wood walls - size, grade and spacing of studs, size, span and material of all headers.
- Type of lateral support of walls.
- Wood framed roofs - live loads being supported, size and type of members, spacing and grade with type of lumber.
This information can be submitted on drawings as supplemental notes.
PLEASE NOTE: All contractors must be licensed with the City of Liberty before a permit will be issued. Contractor/Craftsman Business License info and application»