- Planning & Development
- Building Inspections
- Building Permit Information
Building Permit Information
In order to obtain a building permit, one must complete a Building Permit Application in addition to paying any Building Permit Fees (PDF). The current adopted building codes are: 2018 International Codes, 2017 NEC.
- Residential applications: we require one (1) electronic or physical set of construction plans and a site plan (if applicable).
- Commercial applications: we require one (1) electronic set and two (2) physical sets of construction plans and a site plan (if applicable).
For all new residential single family or duplex construction a Plot Plan is required.
For all applicable building permit applications, the following information must be included with the construction plans:
- Footing and foundation design including width, depth and location of frost footing.
- Location and size of all internal piers.
- Material used for foundation wall and maximum depth of unbalanced fill around foundation.
- For wood framed floors, live loads being supported, size and type of joists (sawn or engineered) span and spacing of joists, minimum required grade of joists.
- Span, material and size of all beams.
- Wood walls - size, grade and spacing of studs, size, span and material of all headers.
- Type of lateral support of walls.
- Wood framed roofs - live loads being supported, size and type of members, spacing and grade with type of lumber.
This information can be submitted on drawings as supplemental notes.
PLEASE NOTE: All contractors must be licensed with the City of Liberty before a permit will be issued. Contractor/Craftsman Business License info and application»
Current construction activity information is included in the Building Permit Tally. For more information about building inspections, please call 816.439.4534 or send us an email.