During City Facility Closures:
Due to concerns with the spread of COVID-19, the City of Liberty has closed all City facilities to the public through April 24.
With this the closure, we are currently issuing building permits via email only. Please fill out a permit application. If the completed, required paperwork is under 25MB, please email it to email@example.com. If the completed materials are more than 25MB, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative instructions. Staff will work to review applications and approve permits as soon as possible.
The City is doing some limited inspections, please see the linked document for the full list and procedures. If you have an existing issued building permit that doesn’t fall into a category that the City will currently inspect, the City will accept an inspection from an accredited inspection firm or design professional. All third party inspection reports must contain the letterhead of the reporting agency, permit number, summary of the inspection conducted with date and time and the professional who conducted the inspection. This report must be to email@example.com within 24 hours of the inspection.
We appreciate your patience as we all work through these challenging times.
More information about all changes to City services related to the COVID-19 precautions can be found online at www.libertymissouri.gov/covid19.
The building inspection division is responsible for:
- Receiving and reviewing building plans and permit applications
- Issuing building permits
- Answering building code related questions
- Scheduling and conducting building inspections
- Tracking and keeping records of completed building inspections
- Administering the Residential Rental Occupancy Code program
- Administering the Dangerous Building Code
Building in Liberty
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Building Permit Fees (PDF)
- General Building Permit Information
- Adopted 2012 Codes (Ordinance 9996) (PDF)
- Demolition Application
- Residential Decks (PDF)
- Residential Decks Supplemental Application (PDF)
- Residential Accessory Structures (PDF)
- Roofing Ice Barrier Requirements (PDF)
- Pools (PDF)
- Pools Supplemental Application (PDF)
- Solar PV Requirements (PDF)
- Solar Summary Guide (PDF)
Find out more about building activity in Liberty, view our Monthly Building Report.