LPRF Annual Campaign
The Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation (LPRF) is launching its 5th Annual Campaign June 1-August 13 to support the programs and services offered by Liberty Parks & Rec. We are committed to funding services for kids, families and the Liberty community.
The LPRF was established to create a parks expansion fund for neighborhood access to parks and green space, and to provide financial assistance to aid low-income youth and families to access programs through scholarship assistance.
The LPRF Annual Campaign allows for the development and implementation of highly desirable programs and projects that would otherwise be beyond the scope of traditional funding sources. Annual Campaign Presentation »
The goal for the 2021 Annual Campaign is $80,000 and your contribution will support:
- “No one turned away due to inability to pay.” The LPRF funds a scholarship program for kids and families supporting Liberty Community Center memberships, Parks & Rec programs and youth sports.
- Since the scholarship for activities program began in 2009, 1,305 scholarships have been awarded and more than $94,000 has been used to provide financial assistance.
Shade Structures & Multi-Use Trail
- In addition to funding scholarships, fundraising in 2021 will be focused on providing shade for the baseball and softball fields at Capitol Federal® Sports Complex and a multi-use trail at Ruth Moore Park.
- The LPRF is committed to supporting the continued improvement of our Liberty parks, including our playgrounds, trails, and our healthy play spaces.
You will be directed to the donation page where you can select "Annual Campaign" from the drop down menu.
Foundation funds are held with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation in an account designated solely for Liberty Parks & Rec.
All donations are tax deductible and you will receive an annual report at the end of the campaign year recapping funds raised and outlining how funds were used.
Click the tabs for more detailed information on previous Annual Campaign's.
If you are on a mobile device, please scroll down to view additional information.
2018 Campaign - $80,465
- Donations: $66,674
- LPRF Golf Tournament: $13,791 (youth scholarships)
- Additional AED for the lower level of the Liberty Community Center
- Additional shade structure for the outdoor pool
- A new dog park (location TBD by the Liberty Parks & Rec Board)
- Stair lighting repairs in the Liberty Performing Arts Theatre
2017 Campaign - $59,728
- Donations: $47,093
- LPRF Golf Tournament: $12,635 (youth scholarships)
- New lobby furniture at the Liberty Community Center (LCC)
- Audio and video upgrades for the Liberty Performing Arts Theatre
- New playground outside the LCC (with additional funding provided by the Parks Special Obligation Bond)
- Shade structure at the LCC outdoor pool
- New play equipment geared for 2- to 5-year old children installed at one of Liberty's existing park playgrounds