Capitol Federal® Sports Complex of Liberty
Capitol Federal® Sports Complex is the first public baseball/softball turf facility in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Already a popular venue for Liberty Parks & Rec (LPR) youth/adult leagues and tournaments, the facility traditionally brings 200,000+ visitors to Liberty each year. With turf, the playing season will be extended, bringing even more tournaments and teams to Liberty and more consistent play for LPR leagues and programs. The complex also features six natural grass fields, eight fishing ponds and more than two miles of walking/biking trails.
Click the tabs for more detailed information.
If you are on a mobile device, please scroll down to view additional information.
Liberty’s Sports Complex gets a new name through Sponsorship with Capitol Federal®
Liberty City Council has approved a 5-year naming rights sponsorship with Capitol Federal® for Liberty Parks & Rec’s sports complex.
Formerly known as Fountain Bluff Sports Complex, the nationally recognized facility will be renamed Capitol Federal® Sports Complex of Liberty. The facility has been a premier sports complex in Liberty and the Northland since June 2002 and has hosted state, regional and national baseball and softball tournaments.
The naming rights sponsorship comes on the heels of a nearly $4 million renovation of the facility’s nine baseball/softball fields that involved the installation of full synthetic turf in:
- the outfields and infields of five baseball/softball fields
- the infields of three baseball/softball fields
- the infield of the complex’s high school regulation sized field
AstroTurf synthetic turf installed by Mid-America Sports Construction
About Capitol Federal® Sports Complex
Opened in June 2002 as Fountain Bluff Sports Complex, this multi-million dollar facility offers various sporting events on the 146-acre site. In addition to the recently turfed baseball/softball fields, the complex also includes six grass, regulation sized soccer fields, eight stocked ponds that are used to irrigate the fields; more than two miles of walking/jogging trails; playgrounds; and concession stands. Various historical markers are placed throughout the site commemorating past events that have taken place on the site.
- Nine Baseball / Softball Fields
- Complex Field Diagram
- Synthetic Turf
- outfields and infields of five baseball/softball fields
- infields of three baseball/softball fields are
- infield of the complex’s high school regulation sized field
- Six Soccer Fields
- Two Practice Fields
- State-of-the-Art Shadowless Lighting
- All Fields Underground Irrigation
- Covered Extra-Wide Dugouts
- Concession Stands
- Paved Parking Lots
- Eight Fields with 300 foot fences
- One Field with 380-foot fence
- Scoreboards on all 15 fields
- Covered Seating
- Three Lighted Soccer Fields
- Two Miles of paved walking trails
- Eight Ponds stocked for fishing
- Two Shelters
- Three Playgrounds
We want you to have a fun and safe time and please help keep the complex clean. Parents are responsible for the behavior and safety of their children. Players, coaches and fans must be courteous, follow all rules and show good sportsmanship.
Breaking of any rules will result in the individual being asked to leave the complex.
Daily: 7 a.m.- 9 p.m.
General Park Rules
(Outside the Baseball/Softball 5-Plex and 4-Plex Gates)
- No overnight camping
- No concealed weapons
- No alcohol
- Pets must be on a leash at ALL times
Sports Complex Rules
(Inside Baseball/Softball 5-Plex and 4-Plex)
- No metal cleats
- No sunflower seeds or peanuts (not even spitting into a cup)
- No gum on the playing field or in the complex
- No smoking inside the complex (smoking is allowed in the parking lot)
- No outside food or drink allowed inside the complex
- No scooters, bikes, skates or skateboards allowed
- No coolers allowed inside the complex
- No alcohol allowed
- No dogs or other pets allowed
- No profanity
Due to the quality and maintenance needs of the AstroTurf at Capitol Federal® Sports Complex, peanuts with shells, sunflower seeds and gum are strictly prohibited. Athletes will only be permitted to wear molded cleats or other athletic shoes on the playing surface. No tobacco products, sports drinks or liquids other than water will be allowed on the turf.
Management reserves the right to review, change and establish rules as deemed necessary.
Athletic Field Reservations
- To reserve an athletic field at a City owned facility, please call 816.439.4389.