A Career Where YOU Make A Difference
Do you want a career where you feel like you’re really making a difference? City of Liberty employees are dedicated to providing the highest level of services to ensure an exceptional quality of life for our community.
Each department (Administration, Planning & Development, Finance, Fire & Emergency Services, HR & Risk Management, Technology & Logistics, Parks & Recreation, Police, Public Works and Utilities) offers a variety of diverse and exciting career paths. Our employee base is comprised of approximately 265 full-time employees, and more than 100 seasonal staff filling more than 100 different types of positions.
You can find all of our current job openings online here. There is no residency requirement, except for identified positions.
Notes for completing an effective application:
- Carefully read the job posting to make sure you are eligible to submit an application.
- Read the entire job description. We have included this information to help you in this process.
- Follow all directions. Answer all questions accurately, provide relevant information and submit all required forms/materials by the closing date and time of the job posting.
- Remember, failure to submit complete applications by the application deadline will result in your application not being considered.
To stay up to date on all available employment positions with the City of Liberty you can:
- View current open positions
- Sign up to receive email notifications whenever a new position is posted in a particular department.
- Sign up to receive our Jobs NewsFlash (e-newsletter), with links to recent job openings in all departments.
- Follow the City on social media Facebook and Twitter.
Your application score will determine eligibility for the next step in the process. The hiring process may consist of written exercises, panel interviews or other testing appropriate to the position. You may be contacted via phone or email using the contact information you provided in the application.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you require assistance to learn more about specific opportunities, please contact the HR & Risk Management Department at 816.439.4440. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the City that all employment decisions are made solely on the basis of merit. Further, the City is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition or disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under the law.