New Pickleball Leagues
Liberty Parks & Rec has partnered with ipicklenation to bring pickleball leagues to Liberty! The iPickle Nation (iPN) Builder Series is the perfect way for new and experienced pickleball players to spend an evening playing pickleball in a way that uniquely brings the pickleball community together, provides a consistent experience, and ensures competitive balance. Leagues will be held at the Westboro/Canterbury Pickleball Courts Tuesday and Thursday evenings. The courts will be closed for open play during these events.
Round Robin: Liberty iPN Builder Series
The courts will be closed for open play during these events
- Starting May 4, 2021
- Tuesday and Thursday from 6-10 p.m.
- Tuesday - Beginner to 3.0
- Thursday - 3v3 all levels
- Winner Every Event
- Each day is a single event with a winner every time. Each player will accumulate points for each game they play in pool play and bracket play. Each night includes a minimum of 9 games.
- Switch player round robin with two rounds of pool play, followed by single elimination bracket play. Pool play is play to 8, win by 1. Bracket play is play to 15, win by 1. Teams and the team’s seed will be formed by results of both pool play rounds.
- Results & Ranking
- All results are tracked and rankings are published after every event – both for individual events and the overall Nation Builder Series. Bonus points will be given for place finished in the bracket.
- $16 per player
Please keep the following in mind to help maintain the courts:
- Pickleball play only
- Courts are first come-first serve
- No unauthorized paid athletic services or lessons
- Tennis shoes or soft sole shoes only
- No animals, skateboards, bikes, roller skates, rollerblades or scooters
- No food, gum, glass or alcoholic beverages
- Do not climb on nets or fencing
- Limit play to one hour if others are waiting
- Please pick up after yourself
Pickleball at the Liberty Community Center (LCC)
Pickleball is available at the LCC on a reservation basis by LCC members and day pass users. Pickleball is a paddle sport that combines elements of badminton, tennis, and table tennis. Two or four players use solid paddles made of wood or composite materials to hit a perforated polymer ball, similar to a Wiffle Ball, over a net and is for all ages and skill levels.
Pickleball Reservation Times:
- Monday - Thursday: 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 9-11 a.m.
To reserve playing time, please call 816-439-4360 and staff will have the court set for you when you arrive. Gymnasium Schedule. Paddles and pickleballs are available at the welcome desk.