House Numbers Make A Difference
If an emergency happened while you were at home, would the emergency responders be able to quickly identify your house?
Try this simple test:
- The next time you are driving back to your house, see how close you have to be before you can clearly see the house numbers.
- Take the time to do it from both directions.
- Then repeat the test at night.
If you are closer than the edge of your property before you can see the numbers then you should change the house numbers.
House numbers should be:
- Larger than 4” high.
- In a contrasting color to the background that they are on.
- Block letters as opposed to cursive because cursive numbers are difficult to read from the street.
- Mounted in a conspicuous place such as near the front door.
- Free from view obstruction from trees, shrubs or other ornamental fixtures.
If you have any doubts about whether the numbers can be seen, the Liberty Fire Department will gladly come to your house and check the placement for you.
For more information, or to have your house numbers checked, contact the Liberty Fire Department at 816.439.4310.