The City of Liberty, in partnership with the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT), is in the planning phase of identifying improvements needed on MO-Route 291 north of Kansas Street. Join Liberty Public Works and Transystems for a public open house to provide your input as we review existing conditions and make future improvement plans.
- Date: Thursday, June 1
- Office Hours – noon – 4 p.m. – an opportunity for local businesses to stop by and ask questions about the project and provide input at a time during the work day
- Open House – 4 – 6 p.m. – open to the public, the team will have display boards to show the initial project plans
- Location: Relevant Church – 101 N. Forest Ave, Liberty MO 64068
The public meeting is an open house format, stop by and meet the project staff, ask questions and discuss the proposed improvements. Community and local business feedback will be crucial to informing plan development that benefits all stakeholders.
Proposed project improvements include:
- Addressing safety concerns at the Route 291 and Stewart Drive intersection
- Adding a traffic signal with ADA accommodations at the Route 291 and Blue Jay Drive intersection
- Adding sidewalks and crosswalks to connect Blue Jay Drive to the hotels on the east side of 291
Construction is tentatively scheduled to begin Summer 2024. A more defined timeline will be available once the project plan is finalized.
Can’t make it to the meeting? Take the online survey to provide your feedback.