Mini Art Grant
Mini Art Grants will be awarded on an ongoing basis through the year for amounts up to $1,000 each. The program is funded through the Transient Guest Tax that is collected from local hotels, motels and bed & breakfast inns. A maximum of $5,000 will be awarded annually.
Applications must be submitted a minimum of 60 days before the proposed project or event takes place. Mini grant applications are accepted year round and will be reviewed monthly at the Liberty Arts Commission meeting (first Thursday of each month). Award decisions will be communicated within two weeks of each review session.
- Individuals with permanent residence in the greater Kansas City metro area are eligible to apply.
- For-profit and non-profit organizations with headquarters located within the greater Kansas City metro area are eligible to apply.
- Liberty Arts Commission funds must be used for cultural art projects that take place within the Liberty, Missouri city limits.
- The program should encourage tourism to the City of Liberty and contribute to the cultural opportunities made available to the public, promote the mission of the Liberty Arts Commission and enhance the quality of life in the City of Liberty.
- All programs funded by the Liberty Arts Commission must be open to the general public.
- Applicants must demonstrate that facilities and projects will be accessible to people with disabilities.
Ineligible Organizations and Programs
- Non-arts related programs
- Political organizations, candidates for political office and organizations who's primary purpose is to influence legislation
- Building or capital campaigns
- Staffing/administrative costs
- Individuals and organizations that have not fulfilled all previous grant administrative guidelines
- Fraternal organizations, churches or church-related groups with proposals that promote religion or individual doctrine.