Social Media User Guidelines
Using Social Media
The City of Liberty, MO, social media sites exist to provide citizens and stakeholders with information about City of Liberty, MO, programs and services. Residents and stakeholders are encouraged to share viewpoints and perspectives and engage in dialogue with one another, provided that it meets the criteria for posting included below. The City of Liberty’s social media sites are monitored during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday). Emergency information should be reported to 911.
The City of Liberty, MO, encourages healthy discussion and varying viewpoints about issues affecting residents and stakeholders. However, the City of Liberty, MO, social media sites will not feature, allow and will remove:
- Language or information that is obscene, foul or vulgar.
- Information affiliated with or promoting political campaigns.
- Sexual, obscene, indecent, or explicit messages, photos, posts or promotion of products or services with sexual overtones.
- Activities restricted to adults.
- Promotion or endorsement of tobacco, alcohol or similar products or information.
- Firearms or other weapons.
- Hostility or violence.
- False, misleading or deceptive sponsorships/advertisements.
- Attacks on ethnic, racial or religious groups.
- Illegal discrimination against any group.
- Adult and/or hate language.
- Illegal activity.
- Cruelty to animals.
- Online gaming, gambling or betting.
- Solicitations for donations, except for official City-sponsored activities.
- Endorsement of specific brand name products or services for advertising or marketing purposes.
- Information harmful to children.
- Personal or sensitive information (social security numbers, credit card numbers, account numbers, banking information, phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses and similar materials).
Any post containing such material may be deleted at the sole discretion of the City of Liberty, MO. If you see any material or information posted to or by the City of Liberty, MO, Government page that is inconsistent with the list of prohibited materials, please notify the Public Relations staff by email »
Editing and Deletions
The City of Liberty, MO, reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted as a comment to the information provided for display or placed on the social media websites in its sole discretion, without notice. Comments submitted to these sites will be reviewed and a representative sample may be posted on the website, or in the case of social networking sites, inappropriate comments may be deleted at the sole discretion of the City of Liberty, MO.
Comments by Others Are Not Endorsed
The City of Liberty, MO, does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on its social media accounts. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those making the comments and do not necessarily represent the views of the City of Liberty, MO, or its 3rd party service providers. By commenting, liking, re-tweeting, favoriting or otherwise engaging with an account, you agree that the City of Liberty, MO, and its 3rd party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
External Links (Including Advertising Links)
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the City of Liberty, MO, of the linked websites, or the information, products or services contained therein. The City of Liberty, MO, does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of these City of Liberty, MO, websites.
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the City of Liberty, MO. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the City of Liberty, MO, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes. With respect to documents available from this server, neither the City of Liberty, MO, nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
Posted June 11, 2013