In compliance with both the State of Missouri regulations (PDF) (10 CSR 60-11.010), and the City of Liberty’s code (Chapter. 29 Water and Sewers; Article 3: Water), an annual operational test and certified inspection must be completed on all backflow prevention devices including:
- Devices on fire protection.
- Lawn irrigation.
- Other water lines connected to the City’s water system.
Testing & Forms
- Testing must be completed by a person who has been certified by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources on commercial and residential backflow devices. To locate a certified tester, please visit the Missouri Department of Natural Resources website.
- All Backflow Assembly Test Data and Maintenance Reports must be submitted on the Missouri 780-0804 Form (Fillable PDF).
- The completed Missouri 780-0804 Form must be returned to the City of Liberty no later than June 1 of each year, regardless of the date of the last test. Return the completed form to the Utilities Department (see info below). Submission of a satisfactory report by this date will ensure your water service is not interrupted.
If the certified tester finds that test reveals the backflow device is not operating satisfactorily, it must be repaired and retested, and a satisfactory report filed with this office.
Submitting a Report
Please send one copy of the Test Report to:
Attn: Backflow Prevention
101 E Kansas
Liberty, MO 64068
Fax to: 816.439.4513.
If you need assistance, please call our office at 816.439.4500.