Do I have to get a permit to work on my house?

Any homeowner must obtain the proper building permits from the City for structural mechanical, electrical and plumbing work on their homes to ensure that building codes are satisfied. This includes the construction of decks, pools, garages, and structural remodeling. A building application can be obtained at the Liberty City Hall at 101 East Kansas Street.

Building Permit Application

Show All Answers

1. How do I find the zoning for my property?
2. Do I have to get a permit to work on my house?
3. Can I construct a detached storage building or garage?
4. Can I conduct a business in my home?
5. Does the City require a building permit for a fence?
6. Can I place a temporary sign on my property?
7. How do I apply for a Temporary Use Permit?
8. How do I get permission to have a Block Party in my neighborhood?
9. I live in a residential neighborhood. Can I have chickens in my backyard?