The principal responsibilities of the 9-member Historic District Review Commission (HDRC) are:
- To inform and educate the citizens of Liberty on their historic and architectural heritage
- To investigate, recommend and keep a register of properties designated as historic landmarks or districts
- To provide assistance to property owners regarding the preservation or renovation of their buildings
More routine duties of the HDRC are to review applications for Certificates of Appropriateness so that established guidelines are followed regarding exterior alterations of historic buildings.
First and third Tuesday of the month (when there are applications to consider)
City Hall Council Chambers
101 E. Kansas St.
- Matt Grundy, Chairperson (Term expires 7/1/2027)
- John Carr, Vice Chairperson (Term expires 7/1/2025)
- Vern Drottz (Term expires 7/1/2026)
- Kathy Chelton (Term expires 7/1/2027)
- Paemon Aramjoo (Term expires 7/1/2025)
- Aimee Gray (Term expires 7/1/2026)
- Katie Schmidt (Term expires 7/1/2024)
- Brett Rinker (Term expires 7/1/2027)
- Linda Armstrong (Term expires 7/1/2024)
- View the HDRC Meeting Calendar (PDF)
- View the upcoming HDRC Meeting Agenda and Packet
- View the Archive of the HDRC Meeting Summaries
- View the Archive of the HDRC Meeting Packets
- Apply for a Certificate of Appropriateness online. If you are not able to submit the application online, please call 816.439.4537 and staff will be able to assist you.