In the month of July, Liberty Meals on Wheels delivered 1,645 meals to 105 different recipients averaging 78 meals per day. With delivering that many nutritious meals, Liberty Meals on Wheels is in need of 6 regular and a couple substitute drivers. Regular route drivers deliver once a week and substitute drivers deliver meals as needed (average once per month) to seniors living in Liberty. The meals are picked up at Fire Station #1 between 11-11:15 a.m. and delivered to seniors in need within the City of Liberty.
What does being a MOW Volunteer look like?
- Approximately one hour commitment (11 am - noon)
- No more than 6 delivery stops, all within the city limits of Liberty
- "Regular" drivers are those who can commit to delivering meals once a week for an extended period of time
- Often church or service groups take on a route as a team. Perhaps your group signs up for a specific route one day of the week but you rotate who delivers each week.
- "Substitute" drivers are called on about once a month to fill in when the regular drivers are unable to deliver on their usual day
Starting Sept. 1st we have routes open on the following days:
- Tuesdays- 3 open routes
- Wednesdays- 5 open routes
- Thursdays- 3 open routes
- Fridays- 3 open routes
If you have free time over your lunch break or just looking for a way to get involved and give back, please contact us at 816.439.4398 or visit our website for more info and to volunteer.