Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Description: Help fight litter and keep our roadways beautiful
- Equipment: The Public Works Department will provide safety vests and trash bags for the group. Signs alerting drivers to the volunteer litter crew ahead will also be provided.
For more info, contact Bruce Niedholdt, Public Works Operations manager, at 816-439-4515 or via email.
- Description: Groups and individuals are invited to help spruce up Fairview and New Hope Cemetery.
- When: 3rd Saturday of each month (April - October)
- Where: Fairview/New Hope Cemetery
- Time: 9 a.m. - Noon
- Equipment needed: please bring your own gloves, shovels and pry bars; water will be provided.
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Liberty Fest
- Popcorn in the Park
- Liberty Community Christmas Tree
- Hometown Holidays
Storm Drain Stamping
The City of Liberty needs volunteers to help with a storm drain marking campaign.Volunteers place markers on existing storm drains in the City reminding people not to dump waste in the storm drains. If interested call 816-439-4503.
Team Up to Clean Up Liberty Parks
- Description: Liberty Parks & Rec is looking for individuals and groups to pick up litter in the City’s more than 500 acres of parkland and along 10 miles of trails. Join in our efforts as we team up to clean up Liberty’s Parks! Grab a family member, friend, and/or neighbor and meet us at the parks listed below on the specified day and time. Liberty Parks and Rec staff will distribute trash bags and direct groups/individuals to a park for clean up.
- 10 a.m. on April 22, 2020: Meet at City Park 799 Moss Ave.
- Equipment provided: Parks & Rec Department will provide trash bags to all volunteers.
Can’t make it to the specified park on any days listed above? No problem! Trash bags are always available for pick up at the Liberty Community Center (1600 S. Withers Rd, Liberty, MO 64068). Safety vests may be available upon request; participants are encouraged to provide their own.
Participants must sign a release form. The release form and materials will be available at the front desk of the Liberty Community Center. Attached to the release form will be a phone number to let City staff know where to collect your full bag(s) if you are unable to dispose of them.
For more info, contact Hailey Kellerstrass, Community Services manager, 816.439.4396 or via email.