Individual Volunteer Opportunities
- Description: Help fight litter and keep our roadways beautiful
- Equipment: The Public Works Department will provide safety vests and trash bags for the group. Signs alerting drivers to the volunteer litter crew ahead will also be provided.
For more info, contact Bruce Niedholdt, Public Works Operations manager, at 816-439-4515 or via email.
Boards & Commissions
- Description: All of the City's Boards and Commissions are volunteer positions. There are Boards and Commissions to support all of the City's functions, from Arts Commission to the Park Board.
- Qualifications: Must be a current resident of Liberty and have lived here for 1 year.
- Fill out an interest form for a vacant seat today!
Cemetery Clean-up Days:
- Description: The Cemetery Advisory Committee schedules regular work days to level and reset markers, trim brush and pick up trash in the cemeteries. Work days are generally held on the 3rd Saturday of the month (April - October).
Contact Tom Garland for additional information via email or at 816-439-4384.
- Coaches help to provide a positive and supportive environment for kids in Liberty Parks & Rec sports leagues. Coaching opportunities abound in Baseball/Softball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Football, Soccer and Volleyball.
- Past student or Eagles Scout Projects have included:
- construction and installation of agility equipment at the Liberty Dog Park
- cleaning and painting of fire hydrants.
Liberty Meals on Wheels
- Regular Drivers: Deliver meals once per week to older adults in Liberty
- Substitute Drivers: Deliver meals as needed (about once per month) to older adults in Liberty
- Phone Buddies: Help combat the loneliness and isolation that some seniors feel with a phone call to lift their spirits
- Holiday Cards / Gifts: A simple card or craft goes a long way to brighten the day of our recipients
- Snow Squad: Shovel the driveway and sidewalks for home bound seniors
- Spring Clean Up: Help with yard work in the Spring and Summer
Liberty Silver Center
- Description: The Liberty Silver Center has a number of regular and occasional volunteer opportunities including, photographers, greeters and more. Learn more»
Team Up to Clean Up Liberty Parks
- Description: Liberty Parks & Rec is looking for individuals and groups to pick up litter in the City’s more than 500 acres of parkland and along 10 miles of trails. Join in our efforts as we team up to clean up Liberty's Parks! Grab a family member, friend, and/or neighbor and meet us at the parks listed below on the specified day and time. Liberty Parks and Rec staff will distribute trash bags and direct groups/individuals to a park for clean up.
- 8 a.m. on July 5, 2018: Meet at Fountain Bluff Sports Complex, 2200 Old State Hwy 210
- 4 p.m. on October 12, 2018: Meet at Stocksdale Park, 901 S. LaFrenz Road
- 10 a.m. on February 18, 2019: Meet at Ruth Moore Park, 401 Grover St.
- 10 a.m. on April 22, 2019: Meet at City Park 799 Moss Ave.
- Equipment provided: Parks & Rec Department will provide trash bags to all volunteers.
Can’t make it to the specified park on any days listed above? No problem! Trash bags are always available for pick up at the Liberty Community Center (1600 S. Withers Rd, Liberty, MO 64068). Safety vests may be available upon request; participants are encouraged to provide their own.
Participants must sign a release form. The release form and materials will be available at the front desk of the Liberty Community Center. Attached to the release form will be a phone number to let City staff know where to collect your full bag(s) if you are unable to dispose of them.
For more info, contact Hailey Kenkel, Community Services manager, 816.439.4396 or via email.