Every year, each school in the Liberty Public School district as well as St. James School and other businesses in Liberty host a food drive for the Liberty Community Christmas Tree program. Tons of canned goods and paper products are collected each year.
Volunteers are needed to help sort the collected food and organize it for distribution. Due to the overwhelming response from volunteers over the last several years, policies have been implemented for efficiency as well as everyone's safety.
- Organizations and individuals must sign up and let us know how many will be attending prior to sorting food.
- Food sorting will be split into two shifts each day. Space is limited.
- Food sorting will take place at Heritage Hall, 117 W Kansas on December 7 and 8.
- No food or drink will be allowed into the Hall for consumption.
- Due to safety concerns, children under the age of 6 will not be permitted; even if they are in a stroller.
- Please check the FAQs below for policies on child supervision and other important information.
Food sorting will take place on December 7 and 8. Sign up to volunteer online here.
Once all volunteer slots are filled, we will open a wait list. Thank you to everyone who volunteers their time to make the Liberty Community Christmas Tree Program possible. If you are still interested in volunteering for the program, check out the adopt a family page.
- What are the hours for sorting?
- Are reservations required?
- Do you need a minimum time commitment?
- Can young children volunteer?
- Can you accomodate volunteers with special needs?
- Can I bring food to donate?
- Can we bring in our own food and drink for consumption?
- What should I wear?
- How many people can I bring?
- Do you need individual volunteers?
- Do you have refreshments available for volunteers?