Sponsor A Family
Each year more than 350 families and more than 100 other households apply for assistance from the Liberty Community Christmas Tree program.
Volunteers are needed to help shop for gifts for the families and deliver the gifts, along with boxes of food that are provided by LCCT, to the family. Sponsoring a family is easy!
Attend a shopper meeting to select a family. Families are distributed on a first come, first served basis. Meetings will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Nov. 21: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. at the Liberty Community Center, 1600 S. Withers Road (drop in any time, takes about 5 minutes)
- Wednesday, Nov. 22: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. at the Liberty Community Center, 1600 S. Withers Road (drop in any time, takes about 5 minutes)
- Tuesday, Nov. 28: 8 a.m. - 5p.m. at the Liberty Community Center, 1600 S. Withers Road (drop in any time, takes about 5 minutes)
New this year: In order to make the volunteer experience as smooth as possible for the participants, volunteers and staff you must be able to deliver gifts/food on the designated delivery day (December 9, 2023). We will not accept gifts prior to delivery day like we have in years past.
If you are unable to attend one of these meetings, please contact the LCCT program coordinator to make other arrangements.
- Bring your valid drivers license with you to the meeting.
- Call the family you have sponsored to ask what their children would like for Christmas.
- Purchase gifts for the children using the gift card given to you at the meeting.
- Wrap all gifts and label each one clearly with the child's name.
Bring gifts with you to Heritage Hall (117 W Kansas) to pick up the boxes of canned goods collected for the family on Saturday, Dec. 9.
- Take the gifts and food to the family's home and wish them a happy holiday.