Youth Basketball Leagues
Liberty Parks & Rec (LPR) is very optimistic about winter leagues for 2021 as we continue to work with the Clay County Public Health Center and Liberty Public Schools (LPS) on a successful implementation of indoor sports. LPR relies on the use of LPS facilities for these programs and we will continue to work with LPS to hopefully open registration in the fall in hopes of providing leagues this winter.
Bitty Basketball Program
- This program provides your child with their first glimpse at the game of basketball. They will learn the fundamentals of dribbling, passing, shooting and running the court in a fun, safe and positive environment with other children of the same age.
- For boys and girls ages 3 - 5
- 4 week mini clinics and the final week will consist of a game night where teams scrimmage
- Bitty Basketball is offered in November, January and February
- Individual registration
- Volunteer Coaching Information: Liberty Parks & Rec instructors work with parent volunteers who lead small groups through designated stations. If you would like to become a parent volunteer, please contact Paula Ruf or check out our coaching opportunities for more information.
Recreational Basketball League
- This league is designed to give participants an introduction to basketball in a relaxed and learning environment. Standings are not kept and each kid is given an equal opportunity to participate.
- For boys and girls in K-8th Grade
- Divisions for Coed K, 1st/2nd Grade, 3rd/4th Grade, 5th/6th Grade and 7th/8th Grade
- Individual registration
- Coaching Information: This league is dependent upon volunteer coaches. If you are interested in coaching and would like to help with the program, please contact Paula Ruf or call 816.439.4393. For more details on what coaching with LPR requires, check out our coaching opportunities.
Competitive Basketball League
- Our competitive leagues offer three levels of competition providing an environment for players to come and play with kids in the same skill level. All teams must be sanctioned with USSSA and scores and standings are tracked with awards given.
- For boys and girls in 2nd-8th Grade
- Grade Divisions for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade
- Levels for Division 1 (Elite), Division 2 (Competitive) and Division 3 (Intro to Competitive)
- Full team registration only
- Coaching Information: If you are interested in coaching and would like to help with the program, please contact Jessica Rawie or call 816.439.4392.
If you need any assistance to participate in a sports program, please check out the Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation Scholarship Programs. These scholarships can make LPR programs and activities more accessible by partially covering the cost of current registration fees for youth who qualify.