Youth Basketball Leagues
WINTER YOUTH BASKETBALL CANCELED
With the release of Clay County Public Health Center’s (CCPHC) Amended Emergency Order, Liberty Parks & Rec (LPR) has made the difficult decision to cancel the upcoming leagues for youth basketball and adult basketball and volleyball
LPR values the health and safety of all participants and spectators and want to do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19. With concerns and restrictions in place regarding gatherings, occupancy and the requirement for masks, we would be unable to fully provide the experience that LPR strives for and our customers expect.
LPR staff are currently working on additional programming that will allow us to safely provide other recreational opportunities this winter. Staff will continue to evaluate the situation, and at this time, plan to provide leagues in the spring.
CANCELED-Bitty Basketball Program
- This program provides your child with their first glimpse at the game of basketball. They will learn the fundamentals of dribbling, passing, shooting and running the court in a fun, safe and positive environment with other children of the same age.
- For boys and girls ages 3 - 5
- 4 week mini clinics and the final week will consist of a game night where teams scrimmage
- Bitty Basketball is offered in November, January and February
- Individual registration
- Volunteer Coaching Information: Liberty Parks & Rec instructors work with parent volunteers who lead small groups through designated stations. If you would like to become a parent volunteer, please contact Paula Ruf or check out our coaching opportunities for more information.
CANCELED-Recreational Basketball League
- This league is designed to give participants an introduction to basketball in a relaxed and learning environment. Standings are not kept and each kid is given an equal opportunity to participate.
- For boys and girls in K-8th Grade
- Divisions for Coed K, 1st/2nd Grade, 3rd/4th Grade, 5th/6th Grade and 7th/8th Grade
- Individual registration
- Coaching Information: This league is dependent upon volunteer coaches. If you are interested in coaching and would like to help with the program, please contact Paula Ruf or call 816.439.4393. For more details on what coaching with LPR requires, check out our coaching opportunities.
CANCELED-Competitive Basketball League
- Our competitive leagues offer three levels of competition providing an environment for players to come and play with kids in the same skill level. All teams must be sanctioned with USSSA and scores and standings are tracked with awards given.
- For boys and girls in 2nd-8th Grade
- Grade Divisions for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade
- Levels for Division 1 (Elite), Division 2 (Competitive) and Division 3 (Intro to Competitive)
- Full team registration only
- Coaching Information: If you are interested in coaching and would like to help with the program, please contact Jessica Rawie or call 816.439.4392.
If you need any assistance to participate in a sports program, please check out the Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation Scholarship Programs. These scholarships can make LPR programs and activities more accessible by partially covering the cost of current registration fees for youth who qualify.