Youth Soccer Programs
Liberty Parks & Rec is partnering with Sporting Missouri Valley North and Sporting KC to continue to grow the sport of soccer in the Northland by offering recreational leagues, camps, clinics and training. Sporting KC is offering Sporting Stripes, an introductory program, for ages 2-5, and Sporting Missouri Valley North is offering youth recreational divisions for ages 6-14. Player development is our number one goal. We believe that if you focus on individual development you will see the results on the field/scoreboard.
To learn more and register, please select the program "SESSION" you are interested in and you will be directed to more information.
Recreational Soccer League
- For boys and girls ages 6 - 14.
- Divisions: boys and girls, U7 - U15.
- Dates: March 23-May 11 (8 game schedule)
- Teams in this league are coached by volunteers
- Free coaching education & support provided by Sporting MV North & Sporting KC
- Free practice curriculum & support provided by Sporting MV North
- All games are played on Saturday mornings at Fountain Bluff Sports Complex Map»
- Practice times will be offered throughout the week at various locations in City of Liberty parks and Liberty School District locations.
- Registration is Closed for Spring
- Leagues will be available in the Fall
Coaching Information: The recreation programs are dependent upon volunteer coaches. Sporting MV North and Sporting KC will be providing free coaching education, practice curriculum and support for all coaches. If you would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please contact Jacques Tournoy, Sporting MV North Director.
For more details on coaching with LPR, check out our coaching opportunities.
Sporting KC is offering Sporting Stripes, an introductory program, for ages 2-5 that creates a safe and fun learning environment for children to become engaged with soccer at its foundation. Children will practice reaching basic early developmental milestones in balance, coordination, socialization and emotional development.
- For boys and girls ages 2- 5
- Dates: March 30-May 4 (6-week sessions)
- Class Times: 9 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
(Sessions are 50 min. on Saturdays at Fountain Bluff Sports Complex) Map»
- Ratio: (10:1) Players to coach
- All coaches are trained by Sporting KC youth soccer department
- Argyle Stripes: ages 2-3 (Parent-Child class)
- Sporting Blue Stripes: ages 3-4
- Indigo Stripes: ages 4-5
- Learn More»
If you have any questions or would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please contact Tyler McManus, Leader, Youth Programs.
Registration is Closed for Spring
If you need any assistance to participate in a sports program, please check out the Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation Scholarship Programs. These scholarships can make LPR programs and activities more accessible by partially covering the cost of current registration fees for youth who qualify.