Experience the Kansas City Metro with other members of the Liberty community through Day Trips with Liberty Parks & Rec. Transportation is provided via the Liberty Access Bus from the Liberty Community Center to various restaurants, attractions, museums, businesses and more so you're able to sit back and enjoy the ride.
To learn more and register, please select the day trip you are interested in and you will be directed to the registration page for more details.
January - March 2018:
New Theatre Restaurant - "Funny Money": Henry’s life is boring until he finds a briefcase that contains 1.5 million dollars in cash! Certain that the funds are crime-related, Henry decides to take the money and run. Mistaken identities, greedy friends, bodies in the river and murderers on the loose make this international hit “fiendishly funny… if ever a farce could make someone die laughing, this is it.” - London Times Nominated for London’s prestigious Olivier Award for Best Comedy of the Year.
- Date: Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018
- Time: 10:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Cost: $45
- Includes transportation, lunch and ticket to the show
- Registration Opens: Monday, Nov. 27 at 8 a.m.
- Registration Deadline: Friday, Dec. 29
Quality Hill Playhouse - "That Old Black Magic": We’ll first enjoy lunch at a local favorite. Then we'll hop on over to the Quality Hill Playhouse where we'll enjoy "That Old Black Magic" description as follows: From “Stormy Weather” and “Come Rain or Come Shine” to “Blues in the Night” and “Black Magic,” Harold Arlen brought the blues from his early days at the Cotton Club to Hollywood – and left the Songbook with a string of standards. Featuring our piano, bass, and drums combo with clarinet and saxophone.
- Date: Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018
- Time: 10:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Cost: $35
- Includes transportation & ticket to the show
- Registration Opens: Tuesday, Jan. 2 at 8 a.m.
- Registration Deadline: Thursday, Feb. 1
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art: The museum’s history is rich and the collection is deep. You will discover true originals, mankind’s greatest achievements, from ancient to contemporary works of art. Major exhibit, Through the Eyes of Picasso, will be on display for visitors to see.
- Date: Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018
- Time: 10:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Cost: $8
- Includes transportation and admission to the museum is free
- Lunch is available at Rozelle Court, located within the museum, to be enjoyed on your own
- Registration Opens: Tuesday, Jan. 16 at 8 a.m.
- Registration Deadline: Monday, Feb. 19