Meeting Room Rental Information
||Tables & Chairs
||Non-Member Rate*||Center Member Rate*|
|Board Room - equipped with large conference table, 14 modern office chairs, kitchenette, large wall-mounted HDMI video monitor
Our meeting rooms are very busy spaces. Availability changes frequently and without notice as other rental events, classes and programs are placed on the calendar by several staff members. Please see our Room Calendar for real-time availability of each room. Remember, what you see one moment may change later.
Dates and Time Ranges
- A minimum two-hour rental period is required.
- A minimum one-hour gap is required for our cleaning crew between any two events in the same room. (This gap may not always be displayed on the Room Calendar, but it is always required.
- The start time you reserve will become the earliest time anyone may enter the room - such as to decorate, deliver food, or setup equipment. Be sure to reserve enough time for your needs. Any unreserved time may be taken by others.
- Reservation times are firm. Unused time is not refunded.
- Any desired reservations on a major holiday (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter) are dependent on staff availability.
- After-hours reservation requests, especially those which cross over midnight into the next day, will initially be placed 'on hold' until sufficient staff can be confirmed to work the event.
Food & Drink
- You may provide all desired food and non-alcoholic beverages for your event, permit others to bring food, or hire any caterer of your choice - including those not yet found on our growing list of caterers.
- Alcohol service is possible if A) your event meets these Alcohol Service Requirements; B) you request an Alcohol Service Application at least four weeks in advance; and C) you submit the $50.00 application fee upon its request. (FYI, the $50 fee is refunded in full if your application is denied.)
When making your reservation, please tell us which of these basic room layout designs is closest to your desired design. We will email you a room diagram for you to rearrange as desired. We will setup our complimentary tables and chairs according to your diagram.
Important setup notes:
- Most table decor and free-standing room decor is permitted. However, decor which affixes to walls, ceilings, doors or windows is generally not permitted - especially when any tapes, adhesives, hooks, tacks or screws are involved.
- Open-flame candles candles are not permitted. Electric candles and candles floating in a non-flammable water vessel are permitted.
- Please bring your own extension cords and power strips.
- Anyone with a gymnasium, pools, locker rooms, hot tub, sauna and wellness center. - daily or annual - may use the Center's
- See the pool and gymnasium schedules for open use times, when classes are not scheduled.
- If you desire exclusive use of gymnasium or pools, these may be rented after Center closing hours.
Discounts, Packages and Other Notes
- If your event exceeds $1,000.00 in rental charges, our Large Event Discount will apply.
- See our Youth Party Packages for more details.
- 'Risk' events (high capacities, alcohol, multi-days, etc.) require a refundable Security Prepayment.
- Certain 'risk' events may require hiring off-duty officers to serve as safety personnel.
- See a Sample Rental Agreement for specific details.
Reserve a Room Now
First, before calling, please view the Room Calendar to confirm availability on your desired event date and time range. Next, call the Welcome Desk receptionist at 816-439-4361. Open hours are 5:00am to 10:00pm on Monday through Thursday; 5:00am to 9:00pm on Friday; 8:00am to 8:00pm on Saturday and 9:00am to 6:00pm on Sunday. If busy, please leave a message. The receptionist will need the following:
- Your basic contact information (name, address, mobile and/or home numbers).
- Your preferred email address(es).
- Your desired date(s), room(s) and time range(s) - starting from the time someone first needs inside the room (First-In) to begin your own setup and preparation, until all have left (Last-Out).
- Your desired optional rental amenities (below), if any.
- Your choice of one of ten basic starter diagrams, whichever is closest to your desired layout.
- Full reservation payment by phone, using any major credit card.
- Or, if preferred, you may visit the Center in-person to purchase your room reservation by check, cash or credit.
Optional Rental Amenities
|Round tables, 60” diameter (40 available)
|Rectangular tables, 8’ x 2.5’ (24 available)
|Easel (2 available)
|Flip chart (1 available)
|Coat racks (3 available)
|Screen, ceiling-mounted (one in each room, except Board Room)
|Sound system - 4 wired microphones, CD player, 1 wireless lavaliere microphone, jacks for player (1 avail.)
|Basic video projector (1 available)
|High-lumen video projector (1 available)||$55/day|
|Coffee and water station - includes cups, sugar, creamer, stir sticks, napkins (2 available)
|Speaker's lectern (1 available)
Additional Staff Rates
|Building/Guest Attendant (anytime a reservation extends beyond regular Liberty Center hours)
|Lifeguard (when hosting over 50 swimmers)||$20/hr|
|Sound Technician (3 hour minimum, when requested for special sound needs)||$20/hr