Open Music Rehearsals
What Is It?
- An opportunity for your own music group (band, ensemble, combo, etc) to rehearse informally on a concert hall stage for free with your own equipment, maybe being heard by new ears
- An opportunity for the general public to hear live music at no charge, maybe discovering something they like
- We provide up to 3 hours rehearsal time onstage, plus an additional 30 minutes each for setup and load-out (4 hours total)
- The OMR program is free of charge to groups who bring their own sound system
- We assist to announce your musical group, your website, and your rehearsal date through our website and newsletters
- Because the OMR is truly a rehearsal, there is never any pressure to perform - maybe there will be a few listeners, maybe not
- Your group must be a music ensemble with at least two performers. Any combination of instrumentalists and/or vocalists who do not rely on recorded music are eligible. (Karaoke performers and DJ performers are not eligible.)
- Your group must have some sort of presence on the web, where at least a sample of your music is available for public play or download (audio or video format).
- Your group must be actively seeking opportunities to perform in some manner, whether live (shows, concerts, gigs, etc.) or through recorded works (song downloads, studio sessions, YouTube channel, etc.), or both.
- Because every OMR is open to the public and all ages are welcome, material rehearsed must meet the same content standard as a commercial broadcast radio station - especially regarding profanity and subject matter. In other words, if something would be cut or “bleeped” from the radio, it should likewise be edited out during this rehearsal.
- Inside the LPAT, average sustained Decibel levels may not exceed 95dB (the level at which lengthy exposure may result in hearing loss), and momentary peaks may not exceed 105dB.
- Your group's OMR application includes providing links to your online music samples.
- Simply applying does not guarantee a rehearsal date.
- Groups who've already been granted a rehearsal date are welcome to re-apply for more.